Did you know that calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHa) can be used for creating facial contours? This mineral substance is taken orally to strengthen bones and teeth, but it can also be used as a cosmetic filler injection. Best known under the brand name Radiesse, CaHa fillers offer some wonderful advantages for creating lasting volume under the skin.
How Does CaHa Filler Work?
Radiesse or CaHa fillers have been used for over 20 years as a filler in Europe and Radiesse was FDA-approved in the U.S. in 2006 as a dermal filler. This filler has calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in a gel that can be injected into areas of the face or hands that are lacking volume. Radiesse injections provide instant volume from the CaHa, plumping under the skin. CaHa can provide volume to larger areas, usually used in the midface or the back of the hands.
Advantages of CaHa Filler Injections
In the world of dermal fillers, hyaluronic acid is the most commonly used, coming in many brands and different formulas. While these are excellent fillers, there are some advantages to choosing Radiesse or a CaHa filler over hyaluronic acid injections for certain treatments. The following are some benefits of CaHa fillers and why we may recommend this treatment for our clients:
- Safe and effective. CaHa has been used cosmetically for decades and even longer in other medical disciplines. CaHa is not derived from animals, so there is very little chance of allergic reactions.
- Immediate and long-lasting effects. Like hyaluronic acid fillers, you will see immediate plumping under the skin, but CaHa has a secondary effect. It increases collagen production in the treatment area, resulting in more volume and improved elasticity. This effect can provide volume and improve appearance for 18 months or longer.
- Stays in place. Some fillers can move or migrate, which is not desirable. CaHa fillers stay in place and do not migrate to other areas. This provides a natural appearance.
- Great for facial fullness. The midface is a problem area as you age, resulting in smile lines and sunken cheeks. Radiesse or CaHa injections are fabulous for restoring youthful contours to the face and smoothing nasolabial folds.
- FDA-approved for hand rejuvenation. Radiesse injections can hide veins and boney-appearing hands by providing volume under the skin for more youthful-appearing hands.
CaHa filler injections can be completed in about 15 minutes and no downtime is required. Most people have results that last well over a year before they may consider repeating the treatment.
If you have smile lines around your mouth, sunken cheeks, or boney hands, you may want to consider CaHa filler injections. To learn more about filler injections and what products may be right for you, contact our team at Creative Facial Aesthetics. Call our office in NYC to schedule your cosmetic consultation to find out if CaHa injections are right for you.
Posted on behalf of
928 Broadway, Suite 505
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (332) 223-6655
Monday & Tuesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM