Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy combined with microneedling is a cutting-edge and effective combination for skin rejuvenation and addressing various cosmetic concerns. This synergistic approach involves the use of the body’s natural healing mechanisms and innovative techniques to enhance skin texture, tone and overall appearance.
PRP involves extracting a patient’s blood, processing it to isolate a concentrated solution of platelets and growth factors, and then applying this plasma to the skin. Platelets play a crucial role in tissue repair and regeneration, stimulating collagen production and promoting cell turnover, making PRP an excellent tool for rejuvenating the skin.
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT), utilizes a device equipped with fine needles to create microscopic punctures into the skin’s surface. These controlled micro-injuries stimulate the body’s natural healing response, prompting the production of collagen and elastin, essential proteins for healthy, youthful skin.
Combining PRP and Microneedling for Optimal Results
When PRP is combined with microneedling, the two techniques complement each other, enhancing the overall rejuvenating effects. Some of the benefits of this combination include:
- Enhanced Collagen Production: Microneedling creates micro-injuries, allowing better penetration and absorption of the PRP solution into the deeper layers of the skin. The growth factors in PRP further stimulate collagen production, amplifying the skin’s natural regenerative processes. This synergy results in improved skin elasticity, texture and firmness.
- Improved Skin Tone and Texture: The combination of PRP and microneedling helps address a range of skin concerns, including fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. The increased collagen and elastin production contribute to smoother, more even-textured skin with reduced signs of aging and scarring.
- Reduced Downtime and Enhanced Healing: The micro-injuries created by microneedling, when coupled with the application of PRP, accelerate the skin’s healing process. Patients often experience reduced downtime and faster recovery compared to traditional treatments, with minimal discomfort or side effects.
- Customized Treatment: The PRP used in combination with microneedling is derived from the patient’s blood, minimizing the risk of adverse reactions or complications. The treatment can be tailored to address specific skin concerns and individual needs, ensuring a personalized approach to skin rejuvenation.
- Long-lasting Results: The rejuvenating effects of PRP combined with microneedling are gradual and continue to improve over time as collagen production increases. While multiple sessions may be recommended for optimal results, patients can enjoy long-lasting improvements in skin quality and appearance.
It is important to note that while PRP and microneedling offer numerous benefits, results may vary depending on individual skin types, concerns, and the professional that completes the procedure. It is vital that this combo procedure is performed by a qualified medical professional – Creative Facial Aesthetics was founded by a dual board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Maurice Khosh and Michele Rivard, DMSc, MS, PA, with extensive experience performing complex facial enhancement procedures.
PRP therapy combined with microneedling presents a promising and innovative approach to skin rejuvenation, offering a non-invasive, natural method for achieving smoother, firmer and more radiant skin, making it a popular choice for individuals seeking comprehensive skin rejuvenation. To learn more about PRP and microneedling for facial rejuvenation, contact our team at Creative Facial Aesthetics. Call our office in NYC to book your facial rejuvenation consultation.
Posted on behalf of
928 Broadway, Suite 505
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (332) 223-6655
Monday & Tuesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM